Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Possible Triple Dip with MileagePlus Shopping Portal

Don't miss any deals, subscribe to DealsSeeker with an email or RSS subscription or follow on Twitter



Exciting News!!


I have double dipped with the Continental/United MileagePlus Shopping Portal. I purchased a $10 eGift Certificate from drugstore.com when they were 10 miles per dollar at MileagePlus Shopping and received 100 miles. Not only that, I didn't even use a Continental or United Credit Card! See below.



As you can see below, I used my Citi Aadvantage Visa Card and received 10 AA miles along with helping my minimum spend on this card towards my 75,000 bonus miles.



I can't guarantee that this double dip will work for all of you. I only have my experience to go by. But, I can say, that I have used my Citi Aadvantage Visa Card for other transactions, like from Famous Footwear and Vitacost and have received regular and BONUS miles. As you can see, this opens up lots of possibilities. Generally, Chase's Ultimate Rewards Shopping Portal is a much better place to do your online shopping as they are generous with their miles per dollar along with other reasons that I'm not going to go into now. But, a possibility would be to combine the two portals, using MileagePlus to purchase eGift Certificates and Ultimate Rewards to spend them in. Right now one can earn 10 points per dollar with drugstore.com going through the Ultimate Rewards mall. One can also purchase things from it's sister site, beauty.com in the same shopping cart. All you need to purchase for free shipping is $25. But I haven't even finished! You get 5% back from drugstore.com and beauty.com orders towards your next order!

Also, drugstore.com has many Gift Cards you can purchase through them, like Kmart. To get to the e-Gift Certificate you need to click on the drugstore.com logo, then on the right you will see "gift center", click on it. Then by "instant gifting" click on the buy icon.



My Quadruple Dip Gameplan:
So, I'm going to try purchasing an eGift Certificate from MileagePlus worth $75 to earn:
     300 (4x miles) + 500 (bonus miles) = 800 Continental miles (~10.67 miles per dollar)
Using my Citi Aadvantage Visa Card I will earn
     75 American Airlines miles
Using my $75 drugstore.com eGift Certificate through Ultimate Rewards I will earn:
     10 x 75 = 750 Ultimate Rewards points
I will also earn 5% back from Drugstore dollars towards my next purchase:
     .05 x 75 = $3.75 Drugstore Dollars


Anyone want to try this with Kohls? 
You can possibly earn...
225 miles (3x miles) + 500 (bonus miles) = (~9.67 total points per dollar) 650 Continental Miles for purchasing a $75 Kohls e-gift Card
Plus, (10 points per dollar through January 5th) 750 Ultimate Rewards Miles by using the e-gift Card  tgienger reports that using Kohl's GC's earn miles at Ultimate Rewards.




Will this work? A girl can only hope....


Don't miss any deals, subscribe to DealsSeeker with an email or RSS subscription or follow on Twitter
Buffer

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusLinkedInRSS FeedEmail

Delivered ByFeedBurner

x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner