Sunday, February 5, 2012

Triple Dip Update

UPDATE: It took 4 months for my Continental bonus miles to post!!

In my post "Possible Triple Dip with MileagePlus Shopping Portal" I said that I would try to triple or quadruple dip using the MileagePlus & Ultimate Rewards to purchase a $75 e-Gift Certificate from drugstore.com.

Here are my results:

- Received 300 miles with Continental MileagePlus Shopping Portal (awaiting the 500 bonus miles).
- Received 75 American Airlines miles for using the Citi AA Amex Card.
- Struck out with Ultimate Rewards, they don't award miles for purchasing or redeeming gift cards with drugstore.com

New Plan to Triple Dip:
I also purchased a $75 e-Gift Certificate with my husband's account in order to receive an additional 300 miles with Continental MileagePlus Shopping Portal and an additional 500 bonus miles with the promotion they had. I plan on using this e-Gift Certificate through BigCrumbs for 8.4% cashback.

Receiving:
800 United/Continental Miles
75 American Airlines Miles
$6.30 Cashback
Buffer

No comments:

Post a Comment

x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusLinkedInRSS FeedEmail

Delivered ByFeedBurner

x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner