Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Update On Staples 100% More Free Rebates at Staples - Free Ultimate Rewards Points

Don't miss any deals, subscribe to DealsSeeker with an email or RSS subscription or follow on Twitter.

New : I have three boards on Pinterest pertaining to travel and deals
1. Special Savings Offers 2. Miles, Points & Savings 3. Places I'd like to Go
Follow me on Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, I blogged about purchasing software at Staples and receiving back 100% through a rebate check. Thanks to the tip off from FrequentMiler! For some reason I could only purchase 1, and I was charged sales tax for the item. I didn't notice a sales tax charge on there when I had clicked "order". In the past, I used the same area code (a Californian one) and didn't have to pay sales tax on my orders. Not only that, I could only order 1 software download! I called Staples today to ask why a previous order didn't go through. I already called regarding this order and was told that I would get it that day. Well, the service representative said that they just needed to confirm my email address. I asked her why a downloaded order has to take
so long. She said that they are having so many orders placed on software and electronics, that they are backlogged. After that order was taken care of, I asked about the order I tried putting through on Sunday.
I told her that it would only process one, even though I wanted to order 10. She told me that one could only order 1. I directed her to the area where it states that it's 10 per customer. She gave me an explanation that
didn't really make sense to me and showed me where it now says "1 per customer" listed. I told her that
on Sunday, there was no such written statement. She told me that couldn't be the case, as they would have been notified of any changes. I think that Staples has caught on to what people are doing and is putting a stop to it all. I don't think that we will see too many offers like this in the future. See below where it now states that it is "1 per customer".






Has anyone taken a screen shot of this BEFORE they presumably changed it? 
Has anyone been able to purchase more than 1 at a time?


Update: I see that FrequentMiler has posted a screenshot from when it didn't say "1 per customer". So my memory served me correctly that it didn't say that on Sunday and the rep was completely wrong when she assumed that they would be informed if the deal was changed.

What a disappointment! I was sooo hoping to help my Mom out with her minimum spend for her Chase Sapphire! But, this doesn't surprise me.


Don't miss any deals, subscribe to DealsSeeker with an email or RSS subscription or follow on Twitter.
Follow me on Follow Me on Pinterest

Buffer

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

TwitterFacebookGoogle PlusLinkedInRSS FeedEmail

Delivered ByFeedBurner

x

Get Our Latest Posts Via Email - It's Free

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner