Don't miss any deals, subscribe to DealsSeeker with an email, RSS subscription or follow DealsSeeker on Twitter or .Buffer
You can now earn up to 20% bonus miles (BM) through June 30, 2012 when you transfer your miles to someone else's Aadvantage Account. Here is the breakdown of this special offer.
The terms say that it will take up to 5 business days for the miles to transfer. You may transfer up to 100,000 miles in increments of 25,000 miles to receive 20,000 bonus miles. These bonus miles will not count towards elite status qualification miles (EQM's) or Million Miler Status.
Let's see how much this will cost you per mile (not including taxes) when transferring between yours and your spouses accounts:
When Sharing Miles:
- 5,000 miles at $50, Getting 50 BM COST: $1.00/Mile
- 10,000 miles at $100, Getting 150 BM, COST: $1.50/Mile
- 25,000 miles at $250, Getting 500 BM, COST: $2.00/Mile
Does this special offer have value? Definately NOT!
If you need to top off an account use their Aadvantage Shopping Portal or if you are in a hurry, use the Buying Method. If you were to Buy Miles (excluding taxes) it would cost you:
When Buying Miles:
- 5,000 miles at $147.50, COST: .0295/Mile = just under 3 cents per mile
- 10,000 miles at $275, COST: .0275/Mile = 2 and three quarters cents per mile
- 25,000 miles at $687.50, COST: .0275/Mile = 2 and three quarters cents per mile
Does this special offer have value? If you need to top off an account to reach an award that would normally be pricey then yes, otherwise no.
It will take up to 72 hours for the miles to post to your account and you may purchase up to 40,000 miles per year.